Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Bridges of the Madison County

I read the novel 'The bridges of the Madison County' and came across a paragraph that best describes how I picture the 'him' in my life right now and how I feel toward him. grabe. siya na siya tlaga.

".. she ran all the images through her mind, meticulously, remembering everything, forgetting nothing, imprinting all of it, forever, like tribesmen passing down an oral history through the generations. He was tall and thin and hard, and he moved like the grass itself, without effort, gracefully. His hair hung well below his ears and nearly always look disheveled; as if he had just came in from a long sea voyage through a stiff wind and had tried to brush it into place with his hands.."

1 comment:

The Unadorned said...

Well-quoted, Maien. The book has many such lovely narratives. One such paragragh I can quote here:

"Eventually he began to see that light was what he photographed, not objects. The objects merely were the vehicles for reflecting the light."

I'm told there's a movie of the same name. It should be as charming as the book.

I've reviewed the book in my blog. Maybe, you'd like to see.

Thanks.

A. N. Nanda
http://ramblingnanda.blogspot.com
http://remixoforchid.blogspot.com